vrijdag 10 juni 2011

Honda to leave CSKA, where next?

Keisuke Honda has told a Japanese newspaper of his desire to get out of a "rut" with Russian club CSKA Moscow.
Keisuke Honda: Hot property
GettyImages / EpsilonKeisuke Honda won the Asian Cup with Japan in January.
Honda starred for Japan as the Blue Samurai clinched their fourth Asian Cup triumph in January, prompting CSKA to ward off interest from any potential suitors.
But the 24-year-old feels it is time to move on and said he fears the consequences of prolonging his spell in the Russian capital.
"It's agonising," Honda told Nikkan Sports. ''I can't stay like this. I said I wanted Japan to win the World Cup. I was MVP at the Asian Cup in January but I'm still not happy with things.
"I'm happy people give me credit after Japan win games. It's a great feeling. I don't mind getting a hammering when we lose either, although it can sting sometimes. I put that pressure on myself.
"But right now I'm in a rut still being at CSKA. This wasn't what I planned. If I don't accept it I can't live my life. But if I get too used to my circumstances I'll come to a halt. That scares me."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten